promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 2 months ago

Am a bad person for giving my child up?

My daughter is six months old and was recently diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. I was a struggling single parent already and when the medical expenses were starting to pile up, I realized I'm just not financial stable enough to provide her with basic necessities and keep up with the cost of her treatments. 

The fact that she's not with me anymore is killing me, but to make matters worse my family believes I abandoned her just so I could avoid the responsibility that being a mom brought on. I love my kid, but I'm a college student who doesn't have the time or money to take care of a sick kid.

I love my daughter, I really do, but I just wanted her to receive the best care and support possible and I just don't think that'd be with me. I'm beginning to second guess myself because of all of the negative reaction that came from my decision to let another family adopt her.

I know this probably isn't the best place for parenting advice, but I really just need a non-biased, honest answer. Am I wrong for putting my 6 month old up for adoption?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

no your not a bad person

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • MissA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yeah true story much facts.

• 2 months ago

As a college student with limited income, your child would qualify for Medicaid.

• edward
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I think that would be the hardest decision you will ever have to make in your entire life but in the same token it’s better for both of you. Your daughter will get the care that she needs with a family that can afford it and you can finish college and get those medical bills back in order (i suppose you live somewhere health care is not free).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

1 at best out of 10 for trolling attempt.

• 2 months ago

Right or wrong you did the best thing you thought was love for the child that makes you a good mom.

• 2 months ago

No. You’re a GREAT person! Now’s the time to get 100000 dogs

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.