Can a 2005 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SE be a Nismo?

I recently bought a 2005’Nissan Maxima and it has a Nismo sticker on it and on the grill. The guy I bought it from said it had a lot of horsepower in it also. Could Nismo be installed into it or is it fake? I’m not a car person so I have no clue. 

2005 Nissan Crapsima? Bad model year zone for Nissan, Toyota, and Honda.

Nismo does offer performance parts for the Maxima, but it was never offered in a Nismo edition. It's like putting a Mopar sticker on your Dodge because you upgraded the exhaust.

You have to check every mod on the car for the Maxima to be a "Nismo".  Do not fret too much about it. 

Spend your time (and money) to find out what immediate maintenance the car needs. Drive the car around, operate all the controls and take notes on what you notice.  Read the maintenance schedule in the owner's manual so you can get an idea when you see the mechanic.  Good luck.