promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kirk asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 month ago

I've overdosed on homeopathic pills, I forgot to take one.?

Going off the crazy logic of homeopathy that the more dilute to the point of being strongest when diluted to oblivion the more effective. Does never taking anything ever make you immortal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Peggy
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

There is much doubt about the usefulness of homoeopathy so you could be wasting your money.  The theory behind it has been criticized for years but it does have its adherents.  Check it out before spending a fortune on such things.

Forgetting to take one will not cause you any harm at all i.m.o. Taking none at all will, almost certainly, leave you in the same position you are in now but with more money in your purse.  

I once watched a man making homoeopathy pills. I was shocked at how he added the 'medication' part of the tablet.  He filled a tube with the tiny little pills which had no medication in them at all then dropped about 6 drops of a flower extract onto the top of those pills.  He then gave the long thin tube a good shake and said "That's done".  There is no way that any of those tablets - except the top half a dozen in the tube, could have received any of the herbal extract. He told me that the pills themselves were made of icing sugar and cornflour.  I won't give the brand name or I might be sued.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You don’t understand how it works.

But it’s a nice troll job on the homeopathic industry. Unfortunately people are going to keep taking that stuff whether you like it or not. Some people would rather take a homeopathic remedy for the flu as opposed to getting the flu shot and either getting more sick than they would have anyway or it not working at all. Because the homeopathic flu remedy will get you over the flu very quickly and with no side effects unlike a Pig Pharma flu shot.So you’re out of luck. You could badmouth homeopathy all you want it’s been around for thousands of years and will be around for another couple of thousand if humankind survives that long

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sure you did....sure you did......daddio......

• 1 month ago

You don't overdose. It is about information - it's still there. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

More like the proponents took something that made them immoral.

Years ago when James Randi went on lecture tours, the first thing he did was send out for a bottle of homeopathic sleeping pills. Which he swallowed the entire jar. Of course nothing happened.

The BBC also did a documentary on testing of homeopathy. It’s on YouTube.

• k w
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

sure he did anon, sure he did.....

• Presumably you're taking a homeopathic remedy for paranoia.  Research on optimum doses by the Faculty of Homoeopathy in London did come up with the odd result that some dilute doses can be more potent than less dilute ones, but it's not a continuous scale.  While that seems illogical in conventional mathematics, it can be explained by quantum mechanics.  Unfortunately, most medics abandon mathematics before they reach university.

Homeopathy works by reinforcing the body's immune system.  It makes you produce more antibodies.  Suddenly medical research has found a method of stimulating the immune system to combat cancers and they think it's a major breakthrough.  Homeopaths have known about it since the 18th century.

Unfortunately, no-one has come up with a cure for human mortality.  Try the R&S section.

• Linda
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you forgot to take one, how can you overdose on a homeopathic medicine? You cannot become immortal from taking something or not. What a vivid imagination?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's why you should never take homeopathic medicine intended for infants. It's a lot weaker than the typical stuff.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.