What is this white fuzz when I unscrewed my light bulb?

I went to replace a light bulb today and I noticed a weird web-like, fuzzy white substance of the end of the light bulb. There was a weird metal smell, and I decided to use a paper towel to wipe it off (To see if, somehow, a spider did make a web in there). It wasn't. Now concerned, I decided to wash my hands several times and air out my room (Just in Case).

What is this stuff? Is it toxic? Because of this I learned the differences between light bulbs and plan to change all of my CFL lights to LED (This particular bulb was a CFL bulb, not happy now that I realize these have mercury in them). I didn't see any breaks on the bulb, but I tend to make myself overly-worried about these types of things though. Anyone have any ideas?

it was likely some critter, spider silk perhaps. bulbs don't 'leak' like that unless the fail spectacularly

It could be mould. I think changing them to LED bulbs will lessen the chance of that recurring. I don't think it is harmful. Just wash your hands and use bacterial soap and put the used bulbs in a bag to conceal them before throwing them away to be on the safe side.