Shucking a 10TB or more external H.D.?

After shucking a 10tb external h.d. can you use that drive as a internal to install windows 10? I try to get answers from YouTube and nothing.i heard a lot of ppl doing that because it's cheaper than buying internal HDD.hope this help.let me know asap.thx all.

most external drives are simply an internal drive with some added electronics. Might not work with some brands and you may have to use hard disk management software to initialize the drive before it will work

• ty Spock.i have all the answers i need for shucking and will work as internal drive.i know what to do now :)

Who installs their OS on a mechanical HDD these days? I've migrated pretty much everything to SSD's  ( 1TB NVME for the OS and other frequently used programs.  4TB SATA SSD for my Steam library, 2TB SATA SSD for other games, and a 4TB HDD w/32GB Optane cache for media/whatever else).

• fodaddy19

I used to think the same thing, then I started converting to SSD's.  I won't be going back to HDD's for anything other than backups. Having 7TB of total SSD storage is plenty for now. And I still have another 4TB of HDD space for things where speed doesn't matter (media, pics, docs,etc.)

• VP

Well, your question is thinner than a vegan at a BBQ.  You didn't put any equipment info into your post, nor which version of Windows you're running -- so the most you can get is some generic info back.  

Here you go:

IF the "shucked" HDD will fit into your computer --

And IF the HDD can be cabled to your motherboard --

And IF the HDD can be seen by your computer's BIOS during

bootup:

Then, YES, I think it'll work for you.

Do you have a 10 TB external drive that you plan on using or are you just asking a random question?