promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

why do people hire gardeners using illegal gas leaf blowers that cause many health problems?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Unless your original question or an update to it includes the name of the legal jurisdiction, we have no reason to believe your premise that they are "illegal" at all.  You may as well ask why people drive cars that violate pollution laws: because you can't stop all of them.

ETA: in one of your comments to Emily J (if it's still there) you mention Los Angeles. If they have such a law, one would presume they have people who enforce it. Have you thought of making a phone call to those people?  If they don't have any official notice of the violation, they cannot possibly do anything about it.

• ...Show all comments
    • superon2 months agoReport

LAMC 112.04 NO GAS POWERED LEAF BLOWER SHALL BE USED WITHIN 500 FEET OF A RESIDENCE AT ANY TIME

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

to bottom comment-why do you think so?

• 2 months ago

I love my gas leaf blower and use it every chance I get.  The fact that it irritates you is a bonus.

• 2 months ago

Where I live, electric blowers are illegal, while gas blowers pollute the air with impunity. Go figure.

LAMC 112.04 NO GAS POWERED LEAF BLOWER SHALL BE USED WITHIN 500 FEET OF A RESIDENCE AT ANY TIME

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • frank
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

In some places they are illegal, and since you stated that they are illegal, then they must be illegal. If you report the nasty and unnecessary use of this terrible invention, the gardener probably will not be fined. It will be the owner of the building which will be, causing a neighbor to dislike you, and create more problems. You may want to just talk to the gardener, and ask him to stop, and use a broom.

One thing that it is really funny is that a lot of time there is not much to blow, and the noise is just to let the world know that the gardener has arrived.

try to talk to anyone they will assault you , or laugh at you and call you crazy

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The gas leaf blowers are not ILLEGAL.  They are no different than "2 stroke" chain saws.   If you have a health problem, that is YOUR PROBLEM.

• 2 months ago

As far as I know they are NOT illegal, they work better than the battery or electric kind anyways.  Just because YOU don't like them does not mean other people don't.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.