College help?

I was looking for Colleges and I really want to go to Kennesaw State University, but people are saying it is a bad school. I was wondering should I listen to them or go to Kennesaw State?

• drip

Get a meeting with the admissions office. Ask for a tour of the campus.  If you k ie your major ask to for a meeting with the head of the department to a professor from the department.  Make your own judgement.   And make sure to apply to 3-6 different colleges.  

When selecting universities you might want to attend ask yourself these questions and get the answers either from the admissions office, university website, other websites like Niche, and your parents and counselor:

1. How much can I afford to pay for college?  How does that limit me in terms of in-state or out-of-state or private universities?

2. Which universities are a good fit for me academically?  What are the very best universities I could get into based on my GPA and SAT/ACT?

3. What are the attributes of a university that are important to me (distance from home, size, weather, housing options, majors, research opportunities, campus culture, etc.)? How do each of the schools you're interested in meet those criteria?

If possible, visit the campuses of the schools that seem like a good fit.  Most students have a very honest gut reaction on a campus visit.  Apply to several schools that you'd be willing to attend.  They can include a "reach" school, but most should be ones where you feel confident you meet the academic standards.  

https://www.niche.com/colleges/kennesaw-state-univ...

• Abigail1 month agoReport

Okay, I will check the website out!

So go visit the campus.  Talk to admissions & visit some classrooms, etc.

It's not a bad school. I don't know why they're saying that. It has the advantage of being close to Atlanta, and it has some excellent programs.