promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Am I paranoid or I am just stoned?

I was at a retail store earlier and they asked me for the zip code of my residence and then for my phone number. The young lady at the register assured me I would not be called and my number would not be sold I still refused to give my ohone number because they would use my phone number for marketing to identify me. The girl said no problem and said she would just enter a random phone number for me.

Of course I was stoned when this happened and thus my question for you is was I being paranoid or was I just stoned?

8 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

probably both..

• GrandpaJon1 month agoReport

This is true. But you still shouldn't give out your number.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They lie when they say it won't be sold or given out. I NEVER give mine.

• P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you would not be called, and your number would not be sold

they could manage without

• 1 month ago

You did the right thing to keep your personal information private. The store doesn't need your zip code and phone number to make a sale. When you provide that information, it gets stored in their database. So you acted smart.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Neither. You were being smart. They don't need to know your number or your postcode. 

• patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

postcode is ok but they don't need to know your phone number. what are they going to say when they ring you"Oh are you coming in this week to shop?" They give this number to god knows who.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'll give my zip code, I will NOT give a phone number.

• 1 month ago

It's my understanding that it's for targeted junk mail advertising. Your name is on the card and then they match your address with your name and phone number. That's what I read several years ago, I don't know it it's true. I always put in a fake phone number.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.