Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 2 months ago

Why do I feel so emotional and bored lately?

In 2 months, I've gained about 30 lbs. I haven't been feeling bad about it up until about 2 weeks ago. I don't know if that's related to the rest of my symptoms. 

I've had my phone taken away (I'm 14) and my xbox for a few months and I've found ways to reduce boredom without tech, and they worked. But after I got both my phone and xbox back, I feel incredibly bored when left home alone for hours, when usually I would be ecstatic. I just ate food when i got bored. 

Today, my mom told me she'd take me shopping after she got her hair braided. She left at 1pm. I got dressed at 3pm, waiting for her to come, probably in a few hours. It's 9pm, and she still hasn't came. Obviously, i feel hopeless. For some reason I just want to cry (I did). Idk if it's hormones or if my period is coming soon or what, but it's sorta like depression but I don't feel sad. I just feel emotional. I've had depression before and it was nothing like this. I just feel dead inside, but literally. 

Usually I wouldn't cry over not shopping, don't judge. 

Because you feel having no technology is no life. But you don't see it.

You can make a world of difference without technology too. You could decorate your house, you could plan for your future, you could do things for the family, you could reach out to your loved ones.

Sounds like you are very lonely & being ignored by your mother. Please turn to Jesus. He loves you. Download a bie app as soon as you get your phone back. Tell your mom to buy you a bible for teens, and to find a church for you where you can join the teenager youth groups, instead of being left alone for hours.