Would it be legal to have "DANGER 🔥 EXPLOSIVE" painted on a vehicle's gas tank?

I'm working on a project truck that an aftermarket fuel cell is going on the rear of under the frame. The cell will hang a little lower than the usual rear-mounted gas tank swap on this style of truck (it's in the cab from the factory), and it's fairly close to rear of the frame since it's a shortbed truck. I figured I'd stencil on a warning message on the rear bottom edge where people may see it from behind if they're in a very low vehicle, to warn them not to blow us both up by ramming their slammed car under my rear end and possibly into the tank. The truck is lowered, and it would have to be an extremely low car to manage to wedge under my rear bumper.

So my question is, do you have to have some sort of permit/license to actually drive anything on the street with some form of "explosive" label on it, even homemade?

Look up the common government labels for high explosives. Usually an orange diamond with various lettering and images on them. Or the same symbols you see on the side of a fuel delivery truck. Doubt anyone is going to turn that into a new law to prohibit it.

• Erik

Why would it not be legal?  You could paint anything on your car, including "Trump Sucks".

• Erik

I would be surprised if there was any sort of problem.  The reverse is probably what someone should be worried about, that is, if you WERE transporting high explosives, dangerous chemicals, etc.  and you DIDN'T have a sign on your car.  You might get in trouble for that.