2005  Silverado Map light issue?

I know my map lights are the same bulbs as the door open interior lights. The issue i have is when the button is pressed to turn on the lights dont come on when the door is closed. When the door is open and i press the button, it actually turns the bulbs off leaving the main dome light in the center the only one on until the button is pressed again to turn them back on. Some reason my map lights are working backwards. Anyone ever have or delt with this issue before?

Ive owned this truck for 10 years now. No wiring was done. I do have an issue with the light switch panel and it needs replacement. Previous owner didnt touch the electronics 

See a professional mechanic with an access to the wiring diagram of the map lights.  Something is wrong with the "Auto, On, Off" switching or the ground side switching in the circuit. There might also simply be a bad map light switch.

At some point, someone rewired the circuit incorrectly. You need to find someone that can rewire it properly.

Note: They are NOT working backwards, just wrong. The switches that should be in parallel are wired in series.