Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

if someone refuses or is not interested in dating their own race. is that a psychological issue?

we obviously have preferences, but to outright refuse seems to be much more than simply just preference. there is some deep rooted psychological issues with the person. agree? 

btw, I am not against interracial dating. 

just because you are in a interracial relationship doesn't mean you outright refuse to date your own race if you were single again 

No, its just a persons personal preference.

No, thats not a psychological issue, its a preference. And it might be a psychological issue that youre unable to conceive it. People like what they like. There is no psychological point of reference when it comes to feelings.

We all have dislikes.  Interracial relationships are hard.  Not everyone can handle the differences.  Sometimes its not the partner, but how others of their race and your race treat them.  My sister married a man from Mexico, he came he when he was 13, and went to Vietnam, to get full citizenship.  She told me when they got divorced, that his family, and race would treat her and her daughters badly, but treated their son like a prince.  And she said, some white people treated her and all her kids badly for being mixed race.  I do not think it is a psychological issue.  Its just some people will take love even if they know their are a load of problems, and some people, would rather find someone they love with and are friends with instead of being in love.  You can be in love with the wrong or a really bad person. Or like the movie Monster - in - Law.  She was totally in love with him, but to put up with his mother, I would not do it, If my wifes mother butted in our life like that I would run.