Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Do some doctors suggest medical marijuana for patients with hepatitis C?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

control hepatitis c with ginger, bay leafs, cumin , rosemary, hot chillie and more

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

There is now a cure for hepatitis c in the form of a pill I don't understand why any doctor would prescribe you getting high in order to combat something that can be taken care of with a couple of pills

• 1 month ago

thats up to the doctor, you could ask your doctor about it

• 1 month ago

Why would they do that?? Marijuana overstimulates the immune system causing it to dampen down.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nancy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not any that I know of.  I don't see how it would help.  Hepatitis C is a liver disease.  There's nothing that marijuana does that improves liver function.  In fact, the fact that marijuana increases appetite, which is one reason it's prescribed to cancer patients on chemo who often lose any appetite as a side effect of chemo, would make it detrimental since increasing food consumption taxes the liver.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Absolutely NOT. Hepatitis C is a VIRUS that destroys the LIVER. It is now 97% plus CURABLE with a special new drug treatment.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.