Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Why are women so unreliable in the workplace ?

I have called in ONCE in a year of working my new job--because I broke my back (literally). There is one female co-worker of mine who has called in TEN times since January 2020 for being "sick". (And it's only half way through February). And she is not the only female to call in this much. Then women wonder why they are passed up for promotion and get paid less. 

Because fruitcake supervisors and managers let them get away with it

Why do I want to call B.S, on this story?

• susan

Your sample is too small to make this broad sweeping generalization. 

Your coworker calls in so often because she is a flake. 

I totally disagree with this in general. In my life i found them most reliable.

It's not a Male /female thing. I've been at my job two years and I have literally never called out. I have worked open to close to cover shifts so my manager didnt have to stay. Even when i was working three jobs I never missed a day. Assuming all women are unreliable because you know one unreliable woman is like saying every person online is a sexist douche just because you are. 

I had to have time off because of an ongoing health issue. Never had time off for a period. At least I didn't walk out weeping like one MALE I worked with who had been dumped by some girl who wasn't even a serious partner, just someone he was dating. Or the guy who called in because his GF's HAMSTER had died and 'she was upset.'

• Jcp2 months agoReport

1. The guy was probably madly in love with her.
      2. He was supporting someone so had a valid reason, if he was in love with her, he wants her to be happy

I never did that. And i worked for over 30 years. I took a leave of absence for over 2 years once, because my child was ill, but i could go back to the same law firm because they told me to let them know when i could come back. Of course, i went back to a different position, but they valued my work, i'm assuming?

We also had 9 personal days a year and 2 weeks of vacation days every year starting the first year. After 6 years we had 3 weeks of vacation.

Oh yes i used those (so did everyone else!)

Take care

women don't have the same work ethics as men.

they might not really want to work

I worked 9 years for a company and I never called in but once I left because a very close loved one died that morning.

My current job I’ve Never called in either. But I’m only a year in.

Where my old man works men and women call off constantly. They almost never have a day without a call off and it’s not a huge company but they are hard to fire. Part of their workplace culture I guess