promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I'm gay unfortunately. How can I cure my mental illness.?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Mental illness generally requires professional intervention. What is the nature of your mental illness?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

If YOU think YOU have a "mental illness" , there are doctors who can help YOU  work through whatever it is or prescribe medication for it -

• ...Show all comments
    • Blue Diamond
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

Well, you asked what to do about your mental illness & there are doctors who specialize in mental illness.

• 2 months ago

Same way that non-LGBT folk do.

• 2 months ago

Become "straight" if you like, against your true nature - then you WILL have mental health problems.

In other words, accept that there is nothing wrong with you. People and animals have been gay since near the dawn of time.

• Sasha Whitefur
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Being LGBT is a congenital condition. (developed before birth) Science is finding more evidence for it, every day. Therefore, it is not a sin, which is an outmoded concept.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Being gay is not a mental illness. You need to accept yourself. It won't change.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

There is NOTHING wrong with you. Being gay is not a mental illness and I am so sorry that you have been taught that. Please call the gay center and talk to the counselor. Meet other guys your age and see how other people have dealt with their journey to discover their sexuality.

• ...Show all comments
    • Blue Diamond
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

He didn't say his "mental illness" is homosexuality. You can be Gay and have psychological issues which are completely separate from his sexual orientation. Perhaps he's schizophrenic or Bipolar which require special psychiatric treatment.

• 2 months ago

What you can do is rather limited if you truly feel uncomfortable with it then live a celibate life if not then embrace your gayness.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Simple, see a mental health professional for the condition you're really suffering from, namely being an internet troll.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

It's only the lezzies and trannies who are mentally ill.

So I'm hoping you're a male homosexual.

In which case you should celebrate the gift of homosexuality that God has so graciously given you.

Amen!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Im going to say: believe whatever you want. If you believe that homosexuality is a sin, then there is nothing I can do stop you. What i can ask is not for you to try and “cure” yourself. Several studies have shown that things such as conversion therapy lead to actual severe mental illness, such as depression. Dont harm yourself. Dont force yourself to go to conversion therapy. If you are not happy with who you are, find sensible ways to stay away from homosexual culture. But you need to know NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE, CONVERSION THERAPIES AND DENYING YOUR SEXUAL ORIENTATION WILL ONLY LEAD TO SEVERE MENTAL ILLNESS! Im not saying to stop your beliefs, I personally do not care if you do or do not accept homosexuality, but dont do anything stupid that will lead to even worse mental illness.

• Dan
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

The poster didn't say sin -- he said mental illness.  there is a difference.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.