Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 2 months ago

Is my baby advanced or can all babies at his age do this?

My baby is 10 months old. He just now started crawling a few weeks ago and he can “walk” up the stairs all by himself. Is he advanced or can babies do that at his age?

There is NO set age for a baby/toddler to anything.  The baby/toddler will do what they want - when they want.

Lots of babies can crawl and walk by that age and it's very good that he's learning to crawl and walk :)

Ten months is later for crawling.  Totally normal range to "walk" up stairs.

My son walked at 8 months everywhere My other was almost a year. Babies are different. My daughter said 3 word sentences at 9 months and totally potty trained at 17 months (even at night).... She was a year when she walked.

sounds like hes advanced, thats cute

I wouldn't say advanced

The average age babies will begin to crawl is 7 to 10 months, some have a longer crawling stage than others, others much shorter. It seems your son is in the average rage, although inching closer to the "late" stage, nothing that I would say is 'advanced" but nothing to be concerned about either.

"Walking up the stairs" I would assume you mean crawl up, lets use the right words shall we? If he's not walking on the floor, he sure as hell isn't walking up 10-15 stairs either. This is also average, a lot of toddlers that age will crawl the stairs, they love to explore new things, and if you don't watch them they could easily get half way up and fall.

I have 4 nieces and nephews (6,4,4, 2) and all of them begin crawling around 8 months, and were fully walking by the time they turned 1, also they could crawl the stairs by 7 months. As for walking up and down them on their own with no parental assistance? They were just over 2 when they all were able to do that.