Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 2 months ago

What do I do if the tattoo artist never shows up?

I recently looked into getting a tattoo from a talented tattoo artist. Basically what happened was that my initial appointment was rescheduled so we pushed it back but when I went to get the tattoo the artist never showed. I contacted them multiple times cause I had to travel in order to get there but never received a response. I did submit a pretty big deposit and while I did get a rough idea of what the design would be, I  spent all that time and money to get there just to be ignored. Is there anything that I can/should do?

• D50

Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get the tattoo. Tell the "artist" that the deal is off because he couldn't or wouldn't do it. Demand your money back.

maybe they had an emergency and you can ask to see another one

• Casey

was this artist actually part of a tattoo shop? Is he the only one that works there? was the shop closed?  Where there other employees there to help you? What did they say? 

Or is this a "talented" guy you were planning on meeting in a parking lot or something.