Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 3 months ago

What should we do?

So tomorrow is my mother’s birthday and I wanted her to have a really great day. But she recently twisted her ankle and it is black and blue or purple which probably means that she tore some blood vessels right?? Anyway my dad said we should bring her to the emergency room tomorrow but I said we should because tomorrow’s her birthday and she should have fun. But my dad really says she should get it checked out. I just don’t want my mom to spend her birthday unhappy and in a emergency room all day. What should we do

take her to the er tonight so she can celebrate her birthday tomorrow

maybe you should take her to the er today so shes done with it by tomorrow

Listen to your dad and take her to get proper medical attention. She'll be in pain anyway and without a proper diagnosis, you can't rule out the possibility that it could lead to more serious complications (altho unlikely).

EDIT: Don't take her to the ER. An incident like this is more suited for Urgent Care. It'll most likely be cheaper and give the ER more time/room for REAL emergencies.