My age is 40+ , Should I buy Royal Enfield Bike ?

...............17 HP motorcycle. You can do better if you want to.

• Terry1 month agoReport

No, the Interceptor and Continental are 48 BHP.

If you're a gopnik.

Yes everyone at the age of 40 gets a Royal Enfield bike as right of passage.

• Bill

Since Royal Enfield is under new ownership, Eicher, and with new management their new bikes are being well received and rated.  The Himalayan with a 411 cc single is holding up well and the new 650 twins in the Int650 (Interceptor in the rest of the world) and Continental GT are selling well.  There is a 650 Himalayan coming to the US this summer.

Look up the YouTube videos by KarmaKaze Moto who rode from Seattle to Anchorage and Itchy Boots who is riding solo around the world.  Both on Himalayans.  The twins are very retro in style, some folks like that, some don't. 

Royal Enfield has discontinued the 500cc models, with the exception of a numbered final model, and the 350 is no longer being sold in the US.  Build quality is rated good, not excellent as on the Japanese bikes, and very long-term reliability remains to be seen.  Dealer network is minimal but expanding, although the routine maintenance is rated as easy for the home mechanic.  But for now, one would be a good option as their prices are low and the twins come with a three year warranty that includes roadside. 

The 650 twin models are rated to 100 mph, not that I would want to confirm that.  Freeway speeds are well within their capability.

What Possible Difference does: "Age" Make? I bought my FX at 61. Still riding almost every day at 63. I have 'Nam Vet friends, 68, ride every day, too.

The RE is light, good handling, good for a beginner; classy but a bit slow IMHO.  Saw a couple at Rocky Point (Mexico) they had ridden from Phoenix on a RE 750, no problemo.

IMHO, I'd  rather have an old Honda 750 4 or Kawi W 750 or '78 Triumph T140V.

majority of enfield owners are over 40

• Royal Enfields  and Stars are all that's Made in India. Not  much choice how "old" the owner is.  Many Indians so dirt poor they cant by Anything until saved up and middle aged. Gas $$ too. 

• Anton

In the U.S., no.  In the U.S. your motorcycle has to be able to do at least 100 mph.

You are in India,   You have excellent service available,   You should get an Royal Enfield.

• adam

My 71 FLH isnt gonna run 100 . My Dyna will . My 61 pan? NO! I meant OLD HDs. 

• Ray J

No, you have to be at least 50 to buy one.

• adam

Those things are junk. We have one in our shop, Needs rebuild and has 15K miles on it. All fluids are correct too. The thing just wore out. Maybe its just this particular bike but Im thinking cheaply made

• Anon

Ok, but pre-'84 Harleys all leaked, gave trouble, too. . Every AMF HD I ever heard of was  totally rebuilt by owner.One bro I met in the ALR reassembled crank by the book, Wrong from factory. Ran 100% better. Every Harley has 'bars a little crooked. Even mine. Looks 5 degrees to the right. 

Go for it 👨🏿 I will not meet him at all bruh is that I wanna is a boomer season