Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

How come people on here act like they know everything when they are wrong?

So I got charged with some crimes that I did not commit. I had to plead guilty to avoid a prison sentence. I've spoken to my lawyer and he says that my criminal record will not have any impacts with my air travel plans. People on here likes to act like a smarty and says that my record will have an impact with me entering vietnam when I go over there to see family and my fiancee. I've done my research on multiple resources online and they all said that I will be fine. They said that vietnam does not do background or criminal record checks when you apply for a tourist visa and they are right cause they actually provided me links to the vietnamese embassy's visa application and there is nothing on there that says they do background checks on you. People on here keep on claiming that I'm wrong when there is proof that I'm correct. Why do people insist on arguing with me ?? Why do they feel the need to argue ?? Why do they keep on thinking that I'm wrong when I have proof ???

If you have a lawyer then why are you asking other people.

• Clive

Why do you expect to get correct answers when you're asking everybody instead of an expert?  I TOLD you they don't do criminal record checks because they can't so don't blame me.  Now shut up about it.

You are full of crap, and I doubt it was your lawyer who told you that.  The choice is NOT to plead guilty or go to prison.  The choice is to plead guilty or not guilty and go to trial.  Trial would find you guilty or not guilty.  You plead guilty because you ARE guilty, and although traveling abroad may not be affected by your criminal record, many things will be impacted by it, at home.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
    • Jacob2 months agoReport

My life at home will not be impacted. I have a good lawyer who is keeping me out of prison. This is an experienced lawyer who's worked with thousands of cases like this.

Welcome to the internet.

Well you must care what people think because you are here asking the question

And everybody pleads guilty to crimes they do not commit,and because you pleaded guilty you did commit the crime in the eyes of the law, and you now have a criminal record FOREVER

And you are not to bright either if after you paid your lawyer his fee for his advice, you come here and tell us how stupid we all are because you do not feel some Perry Mason Wannabe didn't answer your question the way you felt it should be.

So who is the smarty pants? 

• Badge 203

Expungement means nothing,  for certain jobs, that will still show up, and certain crimes can not be expunged anyway.

You keep posting the same LIE over and over. So far NO ONE has made the claim you accuse EVERYONE of making.

That said, the claim YOU make is demonstrably BS and you know it.

Based on your insistence on claiming everyone else is wrong, I doubt you have ever spoken to a lawyer OR anyone in Vietnam.

cause some people like to argue

• STEVEN F

You and the troll that has posted this dozens of times are proof some people like to argue.

Honey, this is the last place to ask a serious question let alone a serious legal question.

Why do you care? Most people on here are trolling and here to pick fights. If you don't like it then leave.

• STEVEN F

This TROLL is one of the people you refer to.

Why are you on this place? Read the dictionary definition of a Yahoo a rude rowdy person noisy violent. Why are you here seeking advice from somebody that is labeled as a rude rowdy noisy violent person? It would seem to me that a lot of this is your fault!