Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

An question about periods and pregnancy?

Usually like clockwork I have tender boobs at least a week or two before my period starts, but haven’t had any tenderness and my period is scheduled to start any day now, could this be a sign of pregnancy? I have no other symptoms, I feel normal of anything.

PMS symptoms can change at any time for any number of reasons.

Having or not having certain symptoms before a period is not a guarantee of anything.

Could you be pregnant - maybe.  Does this change in PMS symptoms mean you ARE pregnant - no.  

You will have to wait until you miss the period and take a pregnancy test.

BTW - at two weeks before a period, ovulation has just happened - so tender breasts at two weeks before a period might be happening because of ovulation.  

< Usually like clockwork >

Which means sometimes they aren't.  Have you had sex?  Then yes you could be pregnant.  "But I'm on birth control".  No method of birth control is 100% effective.

• Jill

You might be pregnant (IDK) but no, tender boobs or lack of tender boobs is not a sign of pregnancy when your period is not even late. The pregnancy hormones would not be strong enough to cause symptoms.