Why is it that some people get married before others should?

I have a friend who got married before I did and I was amazed she got married before me. She has no life goals, has never had a real job, gone to school, or even driven. She met this guy on an online dating site and the guy lived out of state. He came down to meet her, then she went up to meet him. At one point she was crying that he wouldnt come down to meet her a second time. He then did and lived with her and her family for a few months. 

He then proposed to her and they have been married for about 4 years now. I work full time, have done some college, and I am pretty and smart. I am a very kind and caring person. I have no guy wanting to marry me. It's just so weird how life is. Why is it that life happens that way?

If I were to take an educated guess why he married her then I would say it's because of her body. There are females who think the same way.

I graduated from college when I was 21 years old. I do have other goals, and I have been accomplishing my goals.

I am a single male, and I am in my thirties. I never married anyone, and I don't have kids either.

I would not consider marrying someone like your friend. I think her life story is sad!

Well wouldn't it be nice if life turned out just as we want it to.  There is no explanation expect if you believe that things happpen are meant to be.  I firmly believe things can not made to happen.  They happen when they are meant to happen and not before, no matter how much you try.  So hang on and do meaning ful things in your llife and everything will fall in place when the time is right.  Just keep your eyes, ears, mind and heart open for any oppertunity.

• Alan H

Each couple make their own decisions 

You would not have been married any earlier if they had delayed their wedding 

Your day will come

• Chanel

People fall in love at all ages. I am surprised that they are still together after a few months of dating.

Make a life for yourself. Take up every opportunity to socialize or join clubs.

If you see people you know saying 'hello. How are you?' opens up a conversation.

You asked why is it that life happens that way? But it is what it is and on the other side of the coin I have known many women who got married and a few years down the line they got divorced.

• NONAME

you know...some arranged marriages were fantastic!..my point is if you take 2 random people and shove them together sometimes it works out without any forethought or thinking ahead of any kind..sometimes one just gets lucky..And they are still married but are they happy?  If they have kids now then of course they are not going to get divorced since neither of them has much motivation

Some guys don't want a woman who is independent and smart. 

• owlxxeyes2 months agoReport

Clearly have too much time on your hands

Because there is no set time when people should get married. You have no right to judge someone elses life. I got married at 18 and didn't have a life goal as I was just 18 and still young. I didn't drive either. I've had 3 kids, homeschooled them for 18yrs and married for almost 26yrs.

". I work full time, have done some college, and I am pretty and smart. I am a very kind and caring person. I have no guy wanting to marry me" - You just haven't met the right guy yet. You do realize your life isn't her life or someone else's life. Each person is set to take a different path in life. Wouldn't life be boring if we all had the same life?

Looking at your past questions (nothing is private online) you seem to have some self esttem issues as you seem to question odd things that shouldn't matter.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20...

You need to seek therapy .

THough she may be far less ambitious than you, she did take the time and effort to meet a guy and I'll bet there were other guys that just didn't work out. You haven't done that, though admittedly you probably have been to busy, but make the time for guys and you'll probably have her level of success in this too.