Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I think my husband is a little bit too close for comfort to our daughter. I think he has some incest type attachment?

Nobody better say I m overreacting because this is WEIRD. It s a difference between loving your daughter in a fatherly way and loving her in a incest way. I notice he seems to be a bit jealous of her boyfriend and acts kind of weird when he s around. He s been around for 6 years. I noticed my daughter doesn t show affection to her boyfriend while he s around either. When I m around she will hold his hand but when my husband walks in the room her face turns pale and she immediately drops his hand. My husband told me " you know our daughter is a real special girl" and then he looked back at him and said " you know you are really special". I looked at her and She looked very uncomfortable. I notice a couple of times his hand would graze over here and I thought it was by accident but then I notice it kept happening. I also notice how my daughter used to visit us all the time now she hardly ever comes over and I asked her why and she sound like she was crying over the phone. She said " mom I just don t feel right". Couple of weeks ago the entire family was in the room and I said I want to go to one of those drive through

Movie theatres and she said her and her boyfriend go a lot and that I can accompany them and my husband flipped out about a topic so old and irrelevant and ruined the good mood. He said " you better not ever accuse your mother of eating your food ever again." He was telling at her. Keep in mind she had already apologized to me and this was about a months ago.

Try going out with your daughter alone and see if you can get anymore details out of her. Seems weird but you need more evidence. 

If its making your daughter uncomfortable then it needs to be addressed.

Get her on her own while husband is well out of the way so you aren't interrupted and ask her straight out if there's anything wrong with her relationship with her father. Anything she needs to tell you? Hope for the best but be prepared for the worst and don't immediately tell her she's lying if it's not what you want to hear.

Maybe talking to a health care professional about what you are observing for a Professional answer.

You shall give him good attention so that he can not do such thing.

I don't think I've changed my mind since the last 20 times you've posted this.

Interesting.

Why do you eat her food?

Wee troll has a kink.  No one here cares.