promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Do Mexican Americans have a vaild point when they say that they have more claim to this land than those born in the U.S who arent tribal?

Basically I listen to this girl on my Facebook rant non-stop about how she hates all white people and we need to be removed from the U.S and "deported" as her ancestors own this land.

Her mother's side of the family has roots from Oaxaca Mexico, which is in Southern Mexico and they didn't migrate up to where they are now in Colorado until the 1930s or so as she mentions in all of her posts.

She lives in Colorado and her father is white, with English/German roots. So what makes her more entitled as Chicana half mexican half white woman than my family who came here in the 1880s by boat and immediately started working and contributing and building a life.

She's only half mexican and her mothers indigenous family came from Oaxaca. So shouldn't the native americans who were living on the land where the U.S is currently located have more right to rant about hating white than her? Her mothers family migrated over 2,000 miles North to what is currently Colorado and she's half white. She speaks no Spanish and has never even been to Mexico. Her ancestors didn't have claim to the land where the U.S is in those times and it belonged to other tribes.

She posts daily about her hatred for whites and wanting us to all "burn in hell for what you've done to the Mexican people, you land stealers"

I'm asking because I genuinely don't know. Does she have a valid claim. Please educated me and help me understand

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

How do you think that they got to Mexico? Although the reliable records don't go back that far, artifacts and DNA testing and other evidence indicate that all indigenous Mexicans were descended from those who came from Asia to what is now the U.S. and then moved south. We don't know exactly how long any particular family lived in what is now the U.S., but it could be over 10,000 years in some cases.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

NO... How about them just going ahead and CLAIMING THEY ARE SPANISH CITIZENS OF SPAIN... AFTER ALL.. THERE were no mexicans until SPAIN CONQUERED THE INDIANS THERE ALSO its why they SPEAK SPANISH... 

• 1 month ago

Truth is, the mexican race was settled in the USA as far north as Pennsylvania at one time, as far as history goes. Do your research.

That was then, this is now and right now, all that's changed.

If that girl hates whites, she does. I don't really care what she thinks. I don't see how she has a valid claim or not... it's too late for all those shenanigans.

• 1 month ago

She's just a racist who rejects her own heritage, parentage. She's scum. Dismiss such racist rants for the nastiness and hatefulness they are.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No, they don't. 

Mexico made the mistake of attacking the USA in 1846.  By two years later the Mexican army was utterly crushed and the USA occupied all of Mexico's cities, including the capital.  

The Treaty of Guadalupe resolved the war and gave to the USA the territory which became a lot of the southwestern USA. The USA even paid Mexico for the and. The people who lived in the territories in question were given a choice between becoming US citizens or staying citizens of Mexico. Nearly all of them chose US citizenship. 

• lare
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Read the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1848) which is how America acquired the lands of the Western States. You might be surprised to learn that all the Mexicans were granted American citizenship and title to property.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Any Mexican who lived in Alta California at the time the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo was made a US citizen. Meaning their descendants are likely US citizens. Mexicans still in Mexico are unrelated to that population. Sort of how Brits can no longer live freely in the US without visas because they lost this territory in war, exactly like how Mexico lost its northernmost territory.

• 1 month ago

Every human who ever lived on the North American Continent came from somewhere else so they were immigrants also. 

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not. By their logic, they need to be deported back to Spain.

• Amaretta
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And Asia.

• Pi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No one has any claims to anything unless they posses a title to it.

You are either a LEGAL citizen or not under present legal jurisdiction.

Doesn't matter who was here before or after whatever whatsoever. Such prejudices are founded on ignorance.

The girl you mentioned is an ignorant racist. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.