promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Can I go too Ranger school? Even though my mos is gonna be an 88 Mike? Also do I go after BCT? Or AIT? And what would my mos be after that?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't think you understand what Ranger school is and how that differs from being in the 75th Ranger Regiment. 

To go to Ranger school, you must be selected by your unit to attend. It is a small unit tactics and leadership school. Unless your position in the unit would benefit from your attendance and your leadership sends you, you don't go. You DEFINITELY don't go after BCT or AIT just because you want to. 

To be a part of the 75th Ranger Regiment, you need a MOS found in the unit. The way you get there is with an Option 40 contract. See the link for a list of MOSs in the 75th. You cannot be a member of the 75th without attending RASP. All members of the 75th are required to attend Ranger school at some point during their time in the Regiment (typically within the first 18-24 months of assignment to the Regiment). 

https://www.goarmy.com/ranger/join-the-army-ranger...

You are not going to Ranger school under your current plan. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Mark B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The ONLY school you go to after BCT is AIT.  Until you complete AIT, you are NOTHING.  AIT means you are a Soldier trained for your job.  After AIT, you MIGHT go to schools required for your first assignment.  The only realistic ones are Airborne and language schools.  Enlisted Soldiers will NEVER go to Ranger School directly from AIT.  They will ONLY go if sent by their unit.

The Ranger Regiment does have vehicles which means 88M are in the unit.  The only realistic way to go to Ranger School as an 88M would be to enlist with an Option 40 contract.  That means BCT, AIT, Airborne, then RASP where you will be assessed for entry into the Ranger Regiment.  If you successfully complete ALL those courses, you will be assigned to the 75th.  About 12-24 months after you are assigned you will be expected to go to Ranger School.  Your MOS will remain 88M.

• 1 month ago

If you are asking here, instead of asking your recruiter, you are more likely to FLUNK basic training than to make it to Ranger school.

• 1 month ago

can a 88m go to ranger school yes, any mos c an go to ranged school

will a 88m go to ranger school? nope, not unless they are assigned to the ranger regiment

Ranger school has no connection to the ranger regiment, it is a tradoc combat leadership school

ranger school does not change your mos, even being assigned to the ranger regiment does not change your mos

the ranger regiment has cooks, clerks and truck drivers assigned to it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.