Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 1 month ago

Did the mafia really exist???

So I was watching casino with my cousin and all of a sudden I got into an argument with him because he was talking about how they used to be the real deal and stuff and I told him he was lying because there’s no way the police would let people get away with stuff like that but then he showed me on google a news article that talked about the mafia killing people irl. Like holy cow people really died and stuff? I’m honestly scared and freaked out rn

Yes but now overtaken in Italy by the Nigerian migrant Mafia, who dismembered Pamela Mastropietro,

"Did" the Mafia exist? … They never ceased to exist.

• Ludwig

I used to work in a casino owned by some very highly respected gentlemen who ate a lot of pasta. We had some interesting security measures.

• Prince

The REAL Mafia was founded by Mazzini, a friend of both Albert Pike and von Bismarck. 

Mafia still exist, in particular in parts of Italy and Malaysia.  Plus there are hugely wealthy and powerful Criminal gangs in every city, throughout the world.  The Police, either can't track them down or are paid off to keep out of their crooked business deals, or are infiltrated by undercover cops, who run the risk of being tortured if found out, by the gangs. 

Your naive if you think that no form of 'mafia' exists.

• Bear

Selwyn Raab has written books about them,including 'The Five Families'.

Yes, and it still does today, although with lesser influence.

Granted, much of it got sensationalized, but that's a story for another day.

• ?

Yea, they still do, although they're not as prominent as they once were.

You'd be surprised at what the police turn a blind eye to for the right price, even today. They bribed many cops and politicians, especially back in their heyday of the 1920s to 1970s.

They never used the word 'mafia' in The Godfather because the mafia in real life intimidated Coppola and threatened actors and other staff involved in the production of it. 

They still do!

John Gotti was a formidable mafia Don (leader) and had the police on his payroll.

Read this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Gotti

PS...why the TD, I gave you the link? 

Cosa nostra. Italian for our thing, yes they did and still do to a lesser extent.

You have nothing to fear, they don't know or care that you exist.