promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Can ex refuse visitation cause i wont give him Childs medical information & want my car seat back he got temporary sole custody?

The judge ordered visitation was at his discretion, he won temporary sole legal and physical custody because i threatened to take the baby out of state, and tried to give my mama guardianship without his permission. We broke up so i hadnt let him see the baby ever. I aint go to court for the temporary hearing so the judge granted his order. Now he filed evidence of me not giving him the babies medical information and demanding he give me back our daughters carseat. He cancelled visitation because he got mad i wanted my mom there and because he aint get no information outta me can his evodence hurt my case. We have a status check coming. How do i get custody from him? Is his evidence good or bad

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you have court ordered visitation he can't violate that. But you're guilty of a crime as well by withholding the child's medical records. So play this right and you could both end up in jail. Pity your poor daughter.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You chose not to show up for the hearing. When you don't show up for a hearing, you're basically letting the other side say whatever they want without challenging it. Choosing to do something else instead of going to the hearing was not a smart move.

The court awarded him sole custody and left it to his discretion whether to allow visitation. That means the father gets to decide whether to allow you to visit or not. If he says he needs the baby's medical information before allowing you to visit, then you can choose whether to provide the information and visit your baby or to withhold the information and not visit your baby.

The next time there's a hearing, if you want your voice to be heard, show up for it.

• 2 months ago

Well, since you did the same thing to him who does it feel?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You can't get custody from him.  What about that can't you understand?

And if you are in violation of any Order, you can be arrested.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

It doesn't matter how many times you ask this question, you'll still get the same answers.  Buy your own carrier.

• 2 months ago

If the visitation is at his discretion, then yes, he can.

You don't get custody from him most likely. His evidence is good. You making it difficult is never going to go well for you.

• 2 months ago

He's going to win...........................

• 2 months ago

Because you do not respect the court and the orders given to you, nor do you appear in court when you're supposed to be there, it makes you look very very bad. It makes you look like you don't care enough to fight for your daughter. Withholding the car seat shows you don't care about your daughter's safety either. You should thank your lucky stars your daughter has at least one responsible parent.

If you really really wanted to see your daughter you would cooperate. Withholding medical information is just flat-out stupid and with holding a car seat is even dumber. How dare you?

If you really want to make something of your life and be a good parent, first take some basic English courses so you can teach your child English properly and then perhaps you can get a job that pays well so you can provide your daughter with a good life should you gain custody again. You can't be a good mother to your child unless you're a good person to yourself.

Reading between the lines, I can see why the child's father doesn't want you to visit with her. But that does not make it right. You should be able to see your daughter with no strings attached. But again, using a car seat and important medical information is really really dumb idea that could come back and bite you in the butt.

If you expect him to cooperate with you, wanted to try cooperating with your daughters well-being and safety by giving back the car seat and providing medical information. Be a mother.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You should be glad he is in the baby's life. He cares about the baby and is taking care of it. That's what matters.

• 2 months ago

You need a lawyer. You have done everything wrong.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.