promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

if both lawyers are females in a divorce, whats the chance they may arbitrate in favor of the female?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Good question - I'm going to assume that they're both professionals and wouldn't do something out of line like that.

More importantly - from what I've heard - women get a lot of stuff in child custody's and divorces anyways, so I spend less energy worrying about whether women are going to let they gender get in the way of their jobs... seems like enough to qualify as sexism btw; they're professionals and probably worked very hard to get where they are... and on top of that, who wants to lose?? I would imagine they work hard just to try to not lose... So I would imagine they try their best, unless they pick up a case they're bound to lose... in which case, that would seem like it would be on you...

Anyways, good luck with the divorce.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

They are more likely to adhere to the rules than a man would

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There are no such statistics.  Female lawyers are often go out of their way NOT to be prejudiced, and that harms a female client.

Not all divorces involve a male and a female, by the way.

• David
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

slim and none

that is, assuming they both LIKE being lawyers

if you aren't representing the interests of your own client, you can get disbarred for that unethical behavior

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Every lawyer goes by the law of the country. Regardless if the are male of female. The laws are the same for men and women. But a lady will be more in tune with how to argue for a woman’s right. They understand a woman’s plight when she all of a sudden is without financial backup , having to look after children 24/7 on her own, never having a break. Giving up their own career for the family and having to struggle through life. That is was a female lawyer would usually understand better and a woman would probably feel more confident having her on her side. But nobody can break. Law regarding splitting up monies and property and child allowance. In the end it is the judge who decides justice being met out.

• Kieth
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If the one representing the male isn't cutthroat, she won't be working long.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.