promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
laura asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

If my husband's brother marries my friend's cousin, are my friend and I related? and if so, what are we?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If your husband's brother marries your friend's cousin, you and your friend aren't related in any way. 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • PAMELA
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, there is no blood relationship at all.

• 2 months ago

No you're not related, and you never will be, even if he marries your mother. Relatives have the same bloodline

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Relax.   You will not be related 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Nope. Your friend's cousin becomes your sister-in-law but your relationship with your friend is not affected in any way.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You would not be related.

• y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

what are we? No idea. But with one out of three US kids calling the wrong man daddy. There is a good chance that you are related.

• 2 months ago

No. Your husband's brother is your brother-in-law, but really, that's just a title, it doesn't make you related. He's not your *brother.* He's your brother*-in-law* an association stemming from your marriage. If you and your husband divorced, you could marry your brother-in-law. It would be tacky, but not illegal.

Marrying the relative of someone you know won't change that. It might change who you invite to holiday dinners.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.