I just had two queen palms cut down. How do I get rid of the trunk and roots. I am 80 yrs old?

I just had two queen palms cut down and now I do't know how to get rid of

the trunk and roots.  Any ideas?

• Mr. P

Grow something up and over them instead.

You should have talked to the original contractor about this.

Hire another contractor to remove them for you.

Or use a long auger type wood bit in a drill to drill down at an angle many times to remove as much as you can, then burn it out.

Simply chip away at the stubborn trunks with a small nail-file or safety pin for a couple of hours each day. This shouldn't be too physically arduous. By the time you're 90 both trunks should be practically gone. Hope this helped.

I would pay someone to grind the stump for you. Generally only costs about 100-200 bucks. Considering you're 80 years old there is no way you can operate a stump grinder without hurting yourself, unless you're superman. If you want to have a relative or friend do it for you, you can go to home depot and rent a stump grinder for cheap. 

Hire a landscaper.

A stump grinder will remove them to below ground level. Then they will rot away unseen. Get a man in.