Can you change your major when you transfer from a community college?

I planning on majoring in business administration, but I wanted to know that when I transfer to a four year college that if I could change my major from business administration to marketing.

Yes, you CAN change your major. You can change your entire degree program. A major and a degree program are NOT the same thing. You can change your officially DECLARED major multiple times. What major you pug on your admission form is NOT an official declaration of your major. Many colleges and schools will not allow you to officially declare a major until the middle of your 4th semester. I am not sure what quarter that would be for a school or college with a quarter academic calendar. 

Sometimes you have to apply separately for admission I to a different college and degree like B.B.A degree program. Business administration is not a major. Eventually you probably will have to officially declare a major or say you intend to apply for admission to pharmacy school. 

.

• drip

When you apply to the university you put down the major you want. 

Most universities would recommend only taking only general education classes for transfer. I would suggest talking to the admissions office at the universities you are interested to see what classes/credits they would accept from a CC in a business administration program.  You don’t major at a CC.  You would be getting an Associate degree in Business administration. Which is why some credits or classes may not be accepted.

Yes, a student may change their major at any point.  There are a couple of things to keep in mind:

1. Your community college (AA/AS) "major" really isn't very important to the university. Which classes you've taken and are accepted by the university may have a slight impact on what classes you start with at a university, but it really isn't a huge deal.

2. Marketing isn't always a major. marketing is a concentration or field within business. Some universities may offer a major, other a minor, others a concentration.  That is something you'll need to investigate with an academic advisor or on the university's website.

3. Sometimes a major at a university has limited openings for transfer students because so many people have already declared that major.  Again, this is something you can and should check for the specific universities where you are applying.

• John

The answer is yes, one can change his or her major at any time.  In your case, you would not be changing your major.  Business Administration majors are broken down into 4 concentrations.  Those are management, finance, accounting, and marketing.  Consequently, you would only be changing your concentration.