promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Why are Americans pushed and demonized for not accepting illegal immigrants?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Because their lives depend on illegal immigrants, so the only reason not to accept them (and, in some cases, to die as a result of accepting them) is the race of the immigrants.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • ML
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Americans were't hostile to immigrants.The first reason is that too many immigrants are criminals. Inner terrorism is rising. America is unable to provide proper help to its citizens. Constant fear accompanies  us in the country of us . In addition, immigrants are still greeted by us.Some countries are unwanted here. due to their hostility. Why not? 

• 2 months ago

for the most mundane of possible reasons, a new voting base,11 years ago they had losses in all govt levels not seen since the 30s,, they are desperate angry as wet hens,furious they cannot knock trump out ,furious the press failed to do so,

frankly they are furious when they run the show always angryangryangry,

• 2 months ago

The global left is using mass immigration by people from poisonous cultures to destabilize all of the western democracies.  It isn't just the USA that is a target. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Much for the same underlying reason Seattle, San Francisco and L.A. are becoming literal open air sewers in places of the increasingly high homeless populations. The Progressive Liberals of the country don't want to say no to anyone.

• ...Show all comments
    • Foofa
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Amaretta, the taxpayers of my county approved a billion dollars for homeless relief and nothing has been fixed. What we’d “have them do” is build housing instead of wasting the money on political “consultants”. 

• 2 months ago

because it often and effective means to push ideological agendas...

...and the reason it is effective because of founding principles that were virtually unique among nations when the Founders framed them and remain in the vast minority among nations today...

I have friends from Europe, Asia and Australia who all call our health care and other programs a "mess" and a "joke".....

...but guess what, they also call our immigration system a "joke" as well...

"how are you people ever going to have a first-world health care system when you just let anyone walk into your country and take benefits that are supposed to be going to citizens?" My Australian friend once asked...

that demonization is simply one of many prices paid to uphold the notions of Liberty our Founders envisioned.

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Why are Americans pushed and demonized for accepting illegal immigrants? I know "the law is the law," but not a single one of us obeys the speed limit at any time of the day, so "the law is the law" is pretty selectively relevant to our own personal opinions, isn't it?

We talk about how much they cost our hospitals, but who's talking about all of the people working under fake identities, paying into SS that they'll never be able to claim and paying taxes into a system that doesn't recognize them?

I also get that there's a lot of misinformation surrounding how much you feel like you're paying to keep them here, but even assuming you believe in that nonsense, these are human beings... in fact, these are the best Mexico has to offer. They're the ones who were willing to make some pretty dramatic sacrifices to seek a better life.

I'm not advocating for total legalization. I'm just saying we shouldn't be attacked for admiring those who came from the most hostile living environments to an arguably even more hostile one and still keep going. That's the American spirit we lost and replaced with a deep sense of paranoia.

• 2 months ago

They aren't. There is simply disagreement on the most effective ways to deter illegal immigration and what to do with people already here illegally.

• 2 months ago

Because >99% of the people in America are here because of immigration.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They're not the only ones, dear.  Italy and various other countries are dealing with this.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.