promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

I am 15 years old and 5'8. I weigh 181 pounds. Is there a way I can get to 130 pounds by the end of May?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • hihi!
    Lv 7
    3 months ago
    Favourite answer

Walk, run, bicycle, swim, aerobic dance. Some ACTIVE hobby that fits your lifestyle. (as if you live in a not so safe neighborhood, l'd NOT walk...). Eat very low fat foods, being aware to watch for things like aspartame in "low fat" yogurt. BE ACTIVE. If you must have a Pepsi or a fizzy drink, avoid diet drinks. If mineral water (Topo Chico- zero calories) doesn't do it, limit it to just ONE can a day.Be active. 

SNACK on apples, bananas, oranges, tomatoes, carrots, etc. Avoid "diet" foods created to take your money. Be active. Eat foods the way the Good Lord created it. Not processed. There is a world of fruits and vegetables to snack on.

Whole grain bread is better than white bread. Be active. Still, I eat French bread, garlic bread, etc which are white, but l avoid "Wonder" bread types. Eat a sensible 2-3 ounces of chicken or pork. Go light on beef, only a couple times a week. Avoid potatoes to excess; BE ACTIVE... they are starch which is digested into sugar. Potatoes are vegetable material, BUT NOT A "VEGETABLE" to lose weight with. Keep calorie count as low as possible, but don't become dizzy or feel bad from undereating. Drink plenty of water. Did I mention... BE ACTIVE?

and don't use diet drugs... another money getter.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Not at all in my opinion

• 3 months ago

yes use the Ketogenic way of eating. Loads of info online. Try googling Dr. Axe keto for beginners.

• 3 months ago

By the end of May? No, not really. 50 lbs weight loss in 2-3 months isn't all that realistic.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Logan
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Dieting alone might cause 2 pounds a week of weight loss for a man and 1 pound for a woman.  Additional weight loss would have to come from exercise, but it is not possible to do enough exercise to make a big difference.  One pound of body fat stores 3500 calories.  Walking or running 1 mile only burns  100 calories.  You would have to cover 35 miles to burn 1 pound of fat.    Anyone losing more than 2 or 3 pounds a week would have to be losing mostly muscle.  Muscle loss can be more than twice as fast as fat loss because muscle protein has less than half as many calories as an equal weight of fat.

• ?
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

yep you cut off your legs

• 3 months ago

yes. stop eating snacks. and reduce your portion sizes at meal times by 1/3. also, no sodas or processed foods primarily known for their sugar and/or calorie contents. consider exercising too. find routines that worked for others set on losing weight.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.