Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Why is my friend with benefits so eager to get me pregnant ?

He keeps mentioning to get me pregnant in all ways. Always bringing up that he’s going to get me pregnant and wants to know the days I ovulate on.. He’s extremely eager , outside of sex and during sex he keeps bringing up that. Why does he ??

he wants to marry you

• Edna

I notice you don't refer to him as your boyfriend; you refer to him as your 'friend with benefits'. 

It sounds as if this might be another case of 'friends with benefits gone wrong'. Your boyfriend no longer sees you as just a 'friend with benefits' he has sex with. His feelings for you have changed and he's fallen in love with you, and he wants to marry you and have a family with you. Unfortunately for him, you don't feel the same about him.  

I see heart ache and sadness ahead for both of you. That's usually how 'friends with benefits' situations turn out. One of them falls in love; the other doesn't.

I would ask him directly - "you keep mentioning it - are you wanting to get married and have a family, or do you just think it would be exciting to have someone get pregnant?"

A friend with benefits? That means he can't even be bothered to take you on dates. He doesn't introduce you to his friends. He may have other women he's seeing.

As to the pregnancy, it could be that he has a fetish. Or he thinks that getting a woman pregnant means he's a man to outsiders.

What his wanting you to get pregnant doesn't mean: doesn't mean he'll treat you like a girlfriend or wife, doesn't mean that he will support a child for 18 years, doesn't mean that he'll marry you, doesn't mean that he'll coparent.

If I were you, I'd go to a therapist to see why I'm settling for so little.

He wants a relationship with you that is more than just sex. By getting you pregnant, he'll have you in his life. The real question is:  If he feels that way, why doesn't he move the relationship beyond sex? Ask you on a date? Take you out to dinner? But if YOU don't want to get pregnant right now (and with this man), you need to be super careful with your birth control. Insist that he wear a condom every time and make sure that you are also using some form of birth control (an IUD, the pill, Nexplanon or something else).

Sex during ovulation is the best. That may be why he wants to know when you are ovulating.

• MissA

Use your words and ask him.