promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

If any, what type of RV’s can a 15 year old with a learners permit drive in Alabama? ?

Can a 15 year old, with a parent in the car, and a learner's permit drive a class A, B, C motorhome, fifth wheel, etc in Alabama? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

A learner without a driver's license cannot drive an RV, or tow anything, okay? You need a regular driver's license.  There's also a minimum age.  It's 16.  If it weighs over 26,001 pounds you probably need a CDL.  Ask your DMV.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Oh, I'm sorry Kaleb. You don't exist anymore. Your father can only have 3 children.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

A 15-year-old with only a learner's permit can't drive  or haul any type of RV or motor home; not on the public roads. He is restricted to driving regular automobiles only.  

I very seriously doubt that a 15-year-old in Alabama (or any where else) who has only a restricted learner's permit has the driving skill that is necessary to haul a motor home or a 5th wheel down the road, even if his parents are in the car with him. 

It's NOTHING like driving a regular car. You have to have the driving experience and skill to be able to haul, turn, back up, park, and turn a corner with one of those things. Many adult, fully licensed drivers have difficulty doing it.  

• zipper
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Call your Motor Vechile and ask them, they will tell you!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Wouldn't recommend it. People in their 40's and 50's still can't operate those safely. Vehicles towing a trailer are something like 5 times more apt to cause or be in an accident.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

READ the rules as they apply to a student driver in your state.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

The class is stamped on your Learner's License in any state.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your mommy and daddy should be perfectly capable of calling the dmv about that

• 2 months ago

No. Automobiles only.

• Anton
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You are a student, I am an old fart in California.  You care about Alabama laws, I do not.

You can learn.  Google "Alabama vehicle code" to find the laws.  (I did a little looking, Alabama's websites are not as friendly as California.)

1.  Anything is legal, until there is a law against it.

2.  Unless there us a limit on a permit, you can drive any vehicle the basic Class-D license will allow.

3.  Which mean, as far as I know, you can drive any RV your parents can.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.