Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Could I request that my doctor may not go into my anus for any reason? ?

I'm older now and ĺ do not want to have a prostate exam done through my anus.

there is no other way to get it checked. sounds like you have latent homosexual tendencies if that bothers you so much

I don't mind my doctor doing a proctological exam - I just wish he wouldn't put both hands on my shoulders...

Sure, but colorectal exams usually aren't done until you are middle age anyway.

These are standard exams and don't make you "gay" in any way.

• Tj

Yes, it is your body, and you decide, not the doctor. I do not allow mine to do it.

• spicy1 month agoReport

@ron h There is a blood test you can get lol. You just want to get fingered badly don't you?

my dr found a cancerous pea sized growth on mine

• patty

my dad told my sister about unusual symptoms and so he got an exam early. he beat the cancer

• Nobody

Stop complaining. It's just something that we have to deal with as males. Same as having to drop your pants and underwear to get checked for a hernia with "everything showing". I've only had a prostate check once in my life - and so far, that has been enough for me. I'm pretty sure I won't die of prostate cancer. I agree with you that it sucks...the physical feeling I had didn't go away for awhile...but it's about the best way to get your prostate checked. You think your doc likes doing it??? It's just part of being male the same way women have to deal with breast examinations and gynecologists who "see everything" and get to know them better than their husbands. Sometimes the human body can be a pretty damn gross thing. But these things can be done quickly and with as little discomfort as possible. You don't want it? Tell the doc. If you aren't 40 or older and have no family history of cancer you probably don't need one right now.

Source(s): the obvious
    • AskZilla

You people are so immature. It's an exam. The doctor isn't trying to cause a hands free ejaculation you knuckleheads. There are pervert doctors out there, but that is not the norm

• patty

I have heard of a blood test u can get. So many men get prostate cancer.

• ron h

Prostate cancer is serious stuff. DREs take about 15 seconds and can be REALLY helpful with early diagnosis. 

• ron h

You sound like a little girl who wouldn't have a prostate gland anyway.  An actual man wouldn't whine about something that easy. It takes about 15 seconds and it's not fun but it's OK.  But just tell the doc that you don't want that done.  The doc may or may not want to keep you as a patient if you refuse appropriate testing.  

Source(s): (Do you think there's something special about your butt?)
    • spicy1 month agoReport

@ron h Some men would just rather not get fingered an turn themeselves into a anal wh0re, so why does that bother you so much? i sense that you are a gay who was raised by women and you were castrated and neutered ROFL

If you don't want an "old school" Prostrate exam you don't have to have one, just tell the doc you don't want it.

Ask him for the blood test instead, it's less reliable... but still better than dying of Prostrate Cancer.

• bender_xr217

@Richard: "Typo". A typo is a typing mistake, people make them. Oh, and you forgot to capitalize "prostate" AND "prostrate", you also forgot the period at the end of your sentence.

• Marc

Yes. You tell the doctor you do not consent to a rectal/prostate exam.

• ron h

Marc, yes. A single word would have answered the question. But the phrase "go into my anus." as if the doc would somehow climb in is "interesting.  It's kind of hard to pass up commenting on that.   No matter how useful a doctor thinks a DRE is, he ain't gonna fight with a guy to do it.