Why do the plants I grow die? I usually water them once a month, and feed them twice a year.?

Watering once a month is not enough. The average plant needs to be watered one a week but the best way to see if it needs water is to check the dryness of the so and water it if it is very dry but do not water it if it is wet.

agree with the first answer

Depends 

on the type of plants and where you have them located, indoors or outdoors.  Indoors  plants generally need watering once a week.  Outdoor plants usually less so if you get good rainfall.  Plants in pots require more attention and watering as a rule.  Plastic pots can attract far too much heat, especially in Summer so terracotta is the better alternative.  All plants have different feeding requirements, some not needing anything other than water, so perhaps you should research what is required for each.  Could be that you have not chosen the right plants for your particular climate and soil too, or you just don’t ave them in the right level of sunlight.  Sometimes it can be a bit of hit and miss when it comes to gardening.  I have had a lot of success with African violets and daffodils in a small unit once years ago, for some reason, when others complained they couldn’t.  Just luck I think that they were in the right position for each.  If you are finding your plants are not hardy enough to tolerate once a month watering then go for something tougher and more manageable like geraniums or pelargoniums.  They can tolerate a lot of Sun and heat yet still offer a lovely scent.  They can go a long period without water but they still love a good water each week if you can manage that.  I have found that they are by far the easiest to grow from cuttings, with no special regard other than a good water for a few weeks, so you could easily visit a few friends who I am sure would be happy for you to cut a few pieces.  

The soil must always be damp you should check them every couple of days not soaking or sitting in water  ,feeding is once a fortnight 

• Brian

Your "one size fits all" approach will not work.

• Rick

best to ask a local successful gardener that question ...........