promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesNew York City · 2 months ago

New york plastic bag ban question?

What if the stores have leftover plastic bags when the ban starts? Are they allowed to use them until their stock is finished?

I work retail myself and we already got the brown paper bags that is going to cost $0.05 each but im unsure whats going to happen if their is leftover plastic bags

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Oh the commie state is banning plastic bags now? That's a shame! I remember plastic bags in New York as far back as the 1940s! They were a symbol of modernity and progress! 

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's not your worry and you will find out soon enough when the stop date arrives.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Stores have been informed in advance so they can use up all their plastic bags before that date.  

There is nothing that requires stores to continue offering plastic bags until the date they are banned.   They should stop using them when they run out rather than reordering.

Some items are exempt from the bag ban such as raw meat/fish, fresh produce and pre-prepared carry out food such as a rotisserie chicken from the deli.   Any leftover bags can be put to use for purposes that are exempt.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.