promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Does showing up to work everyday earn extra brownie points at jobs? Or is that something that's just expected?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Showing up to work, daily, is EXPECTED.  An employer hires people to work - NOT reward them for doing what is expected.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

You really have to ask? It's expected. It's called being an adult.

• 2 months ago

Ask your supervisor about expectations.

For jobs where physical presence is not required (like software development or deployment, where people connect from home), it's still good to go in occasionally, to make sure people know who you are.  No points for showing up every day, though.

• 2 months ago

Not really, but showing up early or showing up when they call in might earn you brownie points.

• funnel
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Really? Not really? If you owned a business and it meant losing money, which it does, if your employee's showed up whenever, would you tell them "Not really"? Get ready for a rude awakening.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

it's expected.....

• 2 months ago

That depends on the company. I showed up every day on time, was never sick and gave a half hour of free work every day for three decades. I started off as a clerk and ended up as a vice president. I was sick one time and the entire company asked each other where I was. The executives or owners of a company are watching to see who the most reliable employees are.

• 2 months ago

Mostly expected but also some brownie points. It lets the boss know that you are dependable. 

If your coworkers are equally good about showing up, then its not such a big deal, but if you are doing more than many/ most co-workers then its more brownie points.

• 2 months ago

That's expected. Some companies will recognize perfect attendance with small tokens of appreciation.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Following the attendance policy is expected.

It is also expected that employees will take time off as allowed by the attendance policy.

• 2 months ago

It’s expected. Work sucks.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.