Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 months ago

is my sister in law a backstabber?

me and my husband separated about 8 months ago. I filed for divorce and he moved out. My husband's brothers wife (my sister in law) and I was very close. we spoke everyday. I leaned on her during this time for support. She told me all the time that what we spoke about stayed between us and whatever was to happen with us and our husbands, that we would always be "sisters". 

As i moved forward with my life after filing for divorce, i reconnected with an old male friend. He confessed he liked me. I confided in my sister in law as i always did. We met for dinner and i told her about this new guy. a week later my husband throws all this new information about the guy in my face in which i told him to mind his business (i filed for divorce because he cheated). The only person that knew about this guy was my sister in law so i confronted her. She says that her husband and her were arguing and that in the midst of their arguing he snatched her phone and went through our messages and thats how he found out about the guy.What are the chances that could be true or is she trying to fool me?

i have since reconciled with my husband but refuse to talk to her. am i wrong?

No tell her to take a leaping **** she is a dumb ***** keep her out of your life that's the people you don't want in your life

Her story seems far-fetched. She probably told him. If you were separated or had already filed for divorce, depending on the laws in your state, what you did may not be considered cheating. However, I'm curious as to why you reconciled with your husband?

She is not your SIL, she's your husbands' SIL. Did you tell here via text or was it orally? It's up to you to determine whether you want to talk to her or not, Sometimes there are things that shouldn't be talked about with anyone, that was your fault. since you just had to share it with someone.

Give the woman benefit of doubt.  What she said could be true.  But better safe then sorry, never reava anything intimate to anyone, if you dont want it to be known.

• hart

tales are tales

Love is hard to find.  If there's anyway you can talk to her husband and he tell the truth.  I would like to see it resolved... don't you miss her? 

• Ocimom

If he did grab the phone and went thru the messages, it was wrong.  But if you confided in her thru messages, then anyone could have seen it or found the conversation.  In the future if you want something kept confidential, don't put it in writing!

• David

Grabbing the cell phone and going through the messages is a terrible invasion of privacy. It takes someone a bit evil to do that, even if he is arguing with somebody at the time. I HOPE you know him well enough to know if he is truly THAT evil, where he would violate his wife's privacy in such an outrageous manner. If he really is that evil, then you had better believe the sister in law is (most likely) telling the truth.

Sounds like a stretch to me.

We can't possibly know if she's lying or not... we don't know her. But you were expecting far too much in the order of duty of loyalty to our family. Your sister in laws loyalties are to her husband before you. His loyalty is to his brother. You should have kept this to yourself, and by telling your sister in law, you actually asked her to be more loyal to you than her husband.

• 4 months agoReport

how is my dating life, after i file for divorce, her husbands business? so much her husbands business that she would feel "disloyal" if she doesnt tell him? and thanks for your answer