Is it okay to keep my Christmas stuff up until spring or even end of school year or is that tacky and rude (I live in Fairfax Station, VA)?

I still have everything up and it helps me through winter and lets me imagine it is still Christmas. However, with the holidays winding down neighbors who took their trees down the 1st two weeks in January are starting to give me looks and make jokes.

Am I rude to do this or is it okay? Last years I have taken them down mid-March or close to Easter. I was thinking of keeping them up until schools get out for the summer. Keeping them year round doesn't feel right to me and there are other things I enjoy in the summer. I put the Christmas stuff up starting in early to mid October.

• Sky

I say that if we can start seeing christmas sh!t in the stores starting in August and yard decorations in mid-October, then it's perfectly fine to keep your christmas crap up until spring.  It's YOUR house and yard, so do what YOU want with it.

LOL, I LIVE in Fairfax haha. There are like one or two neighbors around where I live (Woodson district) where there are snowflakes hanging and other ornaments, but you probably should do it since it is about to turn Spring, if it hasn't already felt like Spring already lol

It's not exactly 'rude' but it's certainly tacky, AND idiotic.

its your tree, leave it up as long as you want

I say go for it!  I took my tree down a few weeks ago and regret it--the other night I passed by a house and they still had their tree up!! lol...it all happens to fast and the lights are so pretty--don't see anything rude about keeping some pretty lights up.  (unless you are one of those insane people who has a complete lighting show in their front yard)

I still have white lights up outside.  I live rural and they are pretty in the dark. 

I call them "winter lights" not "Christmas lights". 

There are no Christmas police.   Do what you want.  With the exception perhaps of having a dead Christmas tree in your home.   Those things are fire hazards.

In my home everything "Christmas" comes down on 12/26.  After two months of Christmas I'm sick of it. 

• Robin

take it down jan 30th no more or less

Take them down before your neighbors do it for you.

It is ok with me, but I don't live in your neighborhood. So the only people that can definitively tell you it is OK is them.  Or maybe indirectly.  Stick to your plan and when one makes a comment to you, take them down.

When I was growing up there was a time when we (and all the neighbors) kept put decorates up all year. But then I live in a town named "Chrismas" and having the decorations up all year was what brought tourism into the town.