promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearXbox · 2 months ago

Are there any programs or a way to play Microsoft Windows PC disc games on Xbox one X console?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No you cannot do that because Microsoft doesn't support it. It would be cool if they do but it won't happen

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Of course not. The Xbox runs a variant of Windows, but it isn't the "full" version. I know that there are "Play anywhere" games that you can buy on the MS store which will work on both Windows 10 and on the Xbox One, but I don't believe there are too many of them.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not easily. A big part of the profitability of these platforms is that they dont run software not specifically designed and licensed for them. Microsoft is very quick to remove any potential vulberabilities that may allow people to run other systems in their hardware, and crack down on any software that does the same

• Ganon
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Not without massively hacking the thing and installing windows. It's been done but it can ruin your xbox and it doesn't make a great PC anyway. If you need to ask how here, the answer is you probably don't have the skill to do that at least without destroying it. It will play DVDs but not PC programs.

• Ganon
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

I mean it will play DVDs but not PC programs in its unaltered state.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.