Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 months ago

What’s the best way to get a woman to go on a date with me?

I’m a 52 year old, recently divorced man. I’ve been having a look on some dating apps as I would like to get myself back out there. I’ve come across a beautiful woman that I would like to go on a date with. However, at 17, she’s slightly younger than me. I’m just wondering, should I be myself? Or do I pretend I’m into the same kind of stuff as her? Is honesty the best policy? Or do you think she’d be put off by us having different interests? I don’t want to mess this up. 

I’m not American. She’s not a child. 16 is legal here.

I would try to go for someone older, but whatever man, if you like it as long as she's legal. Best thing would be for you to be honest, don't force it, don't try to be someone you're not. 

Emotionally healthy, mentally mature males and females don't desire to date 17 year old teenagers that they have nothing in common with (and most 17 yr olds don't want to date someone old enough to be their dad or grandpa). There's no point in dating someone you have nothing in common with. It's a waste of your time and hers. The best way to get an adult woman to go on a date is to approach them and ask them.

Excuse me sir, but from where I come from, this would have the word "pedophile" written all over it. 

Pretend to like what she likes. It’s not like you’re going to marry her. I assume you’re going to hit it and quit it. Do whatever it takes. If that means lying, so what?

"I've come across a beautiful woman..." 

You've stumbled across a CHILD. They even made a law about this. When you were 17, she wasn't even a thought. I suggest you keep it moving and leave this CHILD alone. 

• boj

At 52, getting back into the dating scene or not, you should know what to do. The main thing is not trying to date kids........