promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Isn't the ATF building a database of all the guns?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favourite answer

    The law prohibits it but I do not trust them.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    The mechanism is not there directly. But every "back ground check" can give them a hint.

    Several thousand to millions of guns have been sold every year sense the organization was founded (about 1935) and have changed hands many times. Some out side of the normal means of firearm transfer (given as gifts to friends and family). Also there were existing guns out there before the ATF was put into place.

    At best they might be able to guess where guns are in some 30% of the cases (concealed weapons permits, NRA membership and hunting licenses). But I am guessing the other 70% they have no clue about.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    No.  And I believe they're forbidden by law from creating such a database. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

    No, it's not, although it would be a good idea.

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    No. That would be impossible. 

    Attachment image
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Impossible. So many jurisdictions do not require registration of individual firearms. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    no, it's full of alcohol and tobacco. 

    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.