Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Is he just interested in my company?

I have been running into a guy frequently on my college campus, and we have previously met at a friend s parties. Since? then, we have been waving/saying hi, and smiling whenever we see each other. We would chated briefly every now and then.

Now, few days ago, he asked me to eat lunch with me when I was eating lunch on my own in the cafeteria. We don t know each other well, so we tried to get to know each other but there were few awkward pauses. He also offered me some of his food ! This also happened again, he asked me if want to join him for lunch, and the conversation was smoother and we laughed more and he talked about things he likes to do, and even stories from childhood.

He is in the class above me, and he had no reason to sit with me because there were other spots, and we barely know each other. Is he just trying to be Friendly, does he just want my company

Either he's just a friendly person (you can determine that) or he's interested in dating you.

Invite him to something in a group (so it isn't a date) and see how he responds.

• Chanel

It certainly sounds like he feels happy in your company. Time will tell and as you are so young you have many lunches to get to know him as a person.

maybe you need to ask him this question

How often do you plan on asking this question?

He's only interested if you put out.