Anonymous

Why do employers expect employees to act like robots?

So I started working at a "law firm" that is one of the provider firms for legal shield.

We process referrals for members. If a member needs to retain or have a consultation with say for example a bankruptcy attorney in Bakersfield, I will search bankruptcy attorneys in that area.

So anyway, we have to met a 15 referrals per day quota. Higher up feels thay because the screen is high then that means we can met that goal.

But it don't work that way. Sometimes there aren't any attorneys in that specific area that specialize in bankruptcy or what have you (mind you the attorney has to be on our panel so we can't just pick any bankruptcy atty in Bakersfield). Sometimes the atty is over the legal shield rate, sometimes the atty declines due to distance, full schedule, not interested etc. It's all time consuming trying to find a lawyer for whatever legal issue the member is going through. I've been there since December and I've been told my co-workers that upper management is delusional when they say stuff like that. There have been many times I've called 8 for one case and they all declined for various reasons. It was a medical malpractice matter.

Anyway, it get so hectic that people don't take breaks or lunches because we want to get our referrals filled so they don't pile up.

reported again. You post EVERY DAY and it needs to STOP.

Because they do not care about you

why don't you stop whining, face it that tomorrow is Monday and decide what you want to do with your life.  No skills = others get to tell you what to do Snowflake.

• COCO PUFF2 months agoReport

Tomorrow is a holiday, boy.

• Rick B

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

REPORTED.

SPAM.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL.

REPORTED.

SPAM.

• COCO PUFF2 months agoReport

I love you, Rick B ;)

I don't see how you see doing your job is acting like a robot.  Your job is finding a lawyer for them.  You have a job so stop complaining.  If you don't like the job, then quit.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.