promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

why do people like Reality TV shows like "Big Brother" or "Survivor" or "Love Island"? "Dancing with the Stars", etc?

Update:

how different than watching the nightly news about politicians?  any different really? it is like a reality tv show too?

Update 2:

people act these shows out in real life too? with their "friends" and co-workers ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • I really don't know other than, entertainment.  I watch very little TV.  I have other things to do with my time.  :D

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I  do not.

I love ones that are realistic. Like the "The 1940s House"; where a family goes back to live just as it was then, even being bombed on! How lacking food was then! 

Could you live these same ways? 

• Brian
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I don't know. However, reality shows have the highest paid writers in the business.

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

what do they "write"? it is all just kind of monitorising real interactions or not?

• 2 months ago

vicarious living. these are the partners you wish you had and the participants are the age you wish you were. it's a non-physical sport like Chess where you identify with your team.

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

people act these shows out in real life too? with their "friends" and co-workers ?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Big Brother is an interesting strategy game. There are a LOT of parallels with politics. Survivor I guess is similar but I haven't watched it that much. 

Dancing with the stars is absolute trash but its on ABC so what do you expect? 

Never heard of Love Island. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Have you ever watched them? I guess people like eavesdropping. It makes them feel omnipresent.

• Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

what do you mean by "omnipresent"? how eaves dropping is related? you mean people like to spy on people? how that makes them omnipresent?

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Dems love those shows. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.