Why is homosexuality a sin?

I’ve come up with this conclusion that homosexuality is not a sin itself but having gay sex is. God doesn’t give you the choice of being gay but gives you the choice of having unholy sex. It’s unholy because it only serves the purpose of pleasure and not reproduction as well.

I swear if someone says it’s your choice to be gay....then how come I’m gay, I don’t want to be but I am so....

• nappa

the bible is god's law, being gay si a sin and it's in the bible.. corinthians 1 verse 6

• Dr. D

I agree that the condition of homosexuality in itself is not a sin. It is innate and immutable. God must either intend homosexuals to be (a) suffering souls who can never have sexual gratification, or (b) follow the same sexual morals as heterosexuals but with an alternative orientation. 

If homosexuality was a critical factor in your salvation then I would have expected Jesus to address that topic specifically. Where the topic is addressed in the Bible it is always associated with sexual licentiousness. 

When people ask Jesus, "what must I do to be saved" the answer was "love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and soul and your neighbor as yourself". I believe that should be our focus and not your sexual orientation, or your gender identity.

Because oh, so gross :-(

Moses wanted his tribe to save all sex for baby making so they wouldn't be outnumbered by other tribes. Everything followed from that priority.

• Lv 7

surely Moses knew that a human female can only get pregnant, roughly once ever nine + months.  Makes me wonder what he wanted man to do the rest of the time.  Maybe that's why it was okay to have more than one wife.  Donald Trump would've done great back then. . 

old wives made their husbands put that in the bible because they didn't want their old men running off with hot young studs.  

Source(s): The bible was written by old men, inspired by their old women. If having same sex attractions was a choice, very few would choose it. It would be much easier in society to be straight. I don't know why stupid homophobes can't understand that except that they are stupid, or they can't get past the ick factor, they are fixated on anal sex. They think a guy has to have anal sex to be gay, I guess. Dumbass homophobes. Straight guys often have anal sex. Some guys, straight and gay, will f*ck anything with a hole they can stick their d*ck in. Having the ability and inclination and mostly desire to be IN love with another person determines who you are, gay or straight, and that most often is not a choice and neither is it a sin.

Strange how people like you are obsessed with one sin (your description) yet you ignore the other sins.   I have seen many good Christian folks carry on about being gay but none a single one of them for example tells men who have cheated on their wife that they are a sinner.   None point to a person who lies (every single human) and says your going to hell and neither do they do it to those who get jealous.

Why the obsession with what I do in bed??

All that said,  your half dozen common quoted anti gay verses are flawed.

Leviticus as its the most popular, did you know some 500 years ago during a translation to English someone changed the verses.  So where it says a man should not lay with a man as he would a women,  originally it says he should not lay with a boy as with a women.   To me that makes more sense, yet ignore it and say I am wrong, that then says while God is obsessed with two men as lovers, he has no anti pedophile verses. 

• The Bad2 months agoReport

i get the ideas behind this answer but it's also factually wrong. adultery (cheating) is forbidden in the sixth or seventh commandment depending on the bible version

Homosexuality existed for thousands of years before Jesus was born. NOT ONCE did Jesus mention that homosexuality was a sin, or even mention it at all. Can't understand why 'Christians' judge homosexuality a 'sin' while Jesus did not.

• Tyler

they werent destroyed for those reasons and you know it, tang

its folklore to begin with. arent you supposed to be in the 1400s or something?

Where in the bible does it sat that homosexuality is a sin, can you show us.

• Tyler

^not only are you the incorrect one, tang, but you haven't even had an individual thought to be incorrect with. youre just regurgitating things youve heard and never once truly considered. a base-level response to stimulus.

Why do Christians consider it is? Jesus said nothing at all about homosexuals. If they didn't bother him, why should they bother followers of Jesus?

Because the concept of "sin" is completely arbitrary and made up by religious leaders to intimidate people into submission.  Maybe you could explain why some Christian denominations say it is a mortal sin and some don't?

• megalomaniac

Being hurtful at all is unnecessary.  Bigotry means that you are inflexible in your thinking and incapable of adjusting your ideas based on new information.  You can be who you want to be.  But that doesn't mean that you aren't responsible for your views.  How do gay people harm you at all?