Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why can't blacks be grateful for Slavery?

It allowed them to leave their shithole country of Africa and come to this great land of freedom and prosperity

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

That is a really good point....................

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Hey, moronic idiot, Africa is NOT a country. It's a continent. No N'egroes alive today were brought here as slaves.

• 1 month ago

You really are proof that you can’t fix stupid.

• 1 month ago

It wasn't a land of freedom for them.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Some are.

" “Thank God my granddaddy got on that boat.” — Muhammad Ali, 1974 after returning from Zaire. 

Probably half tongue in cheek, because he had plenty of hardships in the US. More like he was making a relative comparison. 

• not
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sometimes you do have to appreciate a negative. A common term, "It made me who I am today." Some people are not capable of that, they'll fall into the victim mentality. My brother and I both took the same road: I appreciate the negative and move forward. He died a young death claiming to be a victim of anything and everything except for himself. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They shouldn't be grateful nor bitter.  It happened and all kinds of other shiit happened to every other race throughout history.  They should get over it and as a nation we should quit dwelling on it.  

• 1 month ago

i was reading a Prison Psychology Text Book the other day that brought up an interesting point: Slaves were treated as a valuable resource. the average Slave in inflation adjusted dollars was in the range of $60,000 at Auction. at these prices, this is property you will tend to value far above mere cattle, respect, and treat well unless it goes rabid on you. slaves had guaranteed housing, food, clothing, medicine, retirement care (from fellow Slaves), and educated slaves were especially valuable to the homeowners for doing more complex domestic chores and business correspondence. 

after Slavery ended - Blacks started massing in Ghettos and Prisons. arguably, they lived better under Slavery which wasn't ended because of the mistreatment of Slaves but rather because The Northern States didn't have the manpower to compete with the Southern States and The Northern States also didn't produce sufficiently profitable crops to justify purchasing slaves at $60,000 each.

• Daddio
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So you would have traded places then?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.