How cold can a thermostat make it?

So my roommate’s *** keeps passing out drunk on the couch every damn night and it’s pissing my *** the hell off. So I decided that next time he does this I’m gonna freeze the hell out of his ***. I’m gonna turn the thermostat in our house down s low as it goes. It says 52 is the lowest, but I’m gonna open up the balcony and all windows in the house to really help it get cold. What is a realistic temperature I can get it to? And at what temperature do I need to worry about electronics breaking, pet safety, pipes freezing, etc? I know it’s a lot of work but I really need to teach this guys *** a lesso.

• y

Electronics like the cold, what they do not like are the circuits that get wt with condensation when thy are warming back up again. As far as pipes go, needs to be under 32 for a bit before they freeze. Pets, not all are created the same. My dog is fine in extended temps 40 and above.

Instead of turn the t state down, just shut off the heat.

so much easier to get a sharpie and give him some well deserved "tattoos".....

It is the heating and cooling capacity of the HVAC system that determines how gold a room can get. The thermostat simply controls the temperature within the capacity of the system. If you want the room to get cold just turn the system off. Along as you stay above freezing everything should be okay

electronics, pipes, and pets are usually good as long as temperatures are above freezing [0 degrees C or 32 degrees F]. Some pets [rodents?] may not make it in near freezing conditions unless they have somewhere to hide. Your cats and dogs may cuddle up to you for heat.

Source(s): grampa

Thermostats MEASURE temperature.  When the temperature drops below the setting, the heat kicks on. With the thermostat set to OFF (not 52*) then the house cannot get colder than the outdoors (but that would take days). Pipes freeze at about 25*F (water has some warmth). Just dump ice water on him (or hot coffee). Either on will wake him up.

• Katie J.1 month agoReport

Maybe I’ll dump hot coffee on his *** too.  Burn the hell out of his *** right after he wakes up complaining about being cold

There should be a heat/cool/off toggle on the side, choose "off."

i wouldnt do that, if he gets hypothermia you could end up going to jail

• Katie J.1 month agoReport

That’s just retarded.  Piss off.